With my blog articles on the Theological Orations now concluded, it’s time for me to move on to someone different. I do hope to return to St Gregory the Theologian at some point. I want to better understand his christology and compare it to St Cyril of Alexandria; but I don’t see that happening for many months.
At the moment I am trying to decide between the following projects:
1) Khaled Anatolios, Retrieving Nicaea
2) Some of the homilies of St Isaac the Syrian, with special emphasis on eschatology
3) St Athanasius, On the Incarnation
4) St Basil, Contra Eunomius
5) More reading in John Zizioulas
6) The first volume of Dumitru Staniloae’s systematic theology
I welcome suggestions.
I should add that it will probably be several days, if not a week or longer, before I am able to publish a substantive post. I need to relax a bit. Maybe read a Jane Austen novel or a few Sherlock Holmes stories.